Sophomores Take the Win at Wednesday’s Rescheduled PowderPuff Game

Kiara Romero, Senior Staff Writer

This year’s PowderPuff game took place on Wednesday, March 25th, with the Class of 2017 coming in as the winner, and the Class of 2018 coming in 2nd place, 2015 in 3rd, and 2016 in 4th.

“I’m proud of my class!” said sophomore and Class of 2017 treasurer Jada Antoine, who played in the PowderPuff game. “We’re only sophomores and [have] done so much. We’ve won PowderPuff!”

The game took place before spirit week this year, because of “how the schedule worked out,” according to SGA sponsor and history teacher, Mr. Brian Secker.

Antoine mentioned that the date of the game was “confusing.”

“The powderpuff game is supposed to be what pumps up spirit week. It feels weird to not have it that week,” Antoine said.

PowderPuff-Spring-2015-Pic-14

PowderPuff player and senior Alexis Whitaker said that the fact that the game was before spirit week “felt good and bad.” She said it was “good,” because “it kept them spirited for spirit week,” and “it was bad because there was hardly excitement for the game,” as spirit week was not the same week.

“We didn’t know how to plan out practices. We needed a set,” said Whitaker. Whitaker also said, that she was “glad to have participated,” and that she “gained class pride” as she “felt a connection” with the other girls on the team.

PowderPuff is not only a class competition, but also an “opportunity to display teamwork and pride in your class,” Mr. Secker said.

PowderPuff-Spring-2015-Pic-12

PowderPuff-Spring-2015-Pic-10PowderPuff-Spring-2015-Pic-1 PowderPuff-Spring-2015-Pic-2 PowderPuff-Spring-2015-Pic-3       PowderPuff-Spring-2015-Pic-11

PowderPuff-Spring-2015-Pic-9

PowderPuff-Spring-2015-Pic-8

PowderPuff-Spring-2015-Pic-5

Photographs by Alejandra Melnyk