ERHS Students to Perform in Roosevelt’s Got Talent

Tonight, ERHS will hold Roosevelt’s Got Talent, an event sponsored by the French Honor Society. At the event, students will express their talents and creativity, and compete in a fun environment.

“The idea to host came from the members,” said FHS sponsor and French teacher, Mme. Anna Cherubin. “The first time we hosted was two years ago and it was very successful so we decided to do it again.”

“It’s good for a worthy cause.” She continued, “We host to donate money to Doctors Without Borders.”

“This year has a lot more performers,” said FHS Vice President, Onyinye Okudoh. “The talent from this year, the younger years is definitely more talented than the previous years.”

Senior Winnifred Berry, who is performing tonight, shared that she auditioned for Roosevelt’s Got Talent “because I enjoy entertaining people as well as dancing.” She continued, “I am showing my dance skills and I’ve had this skill since I was born. I plan to pursue a minor degree in dancing in the future.”

Another performer, senior Alim Kamara, said “My friends and I agreed to do this for fun so we said let’s do it”

Kamara also mentioned that to be a part of Roosevelt’s Got Talent “feels awesome.” “I love the atmosphere and the other performers are really talented,” Kamara said.

The French Honor Society held auditions in the beginning of December and made their final decision on who would share the stage a week and a half later.

Mme. Cherubin shared that “The point of the show is to give the opportunity to [students] to show what they can do and for the students to have fun.”