The ERHS Music Dept. Winter Concert

Winter is finally here, and on Dec. 4 at 7:30 p.m. the band and orchestra held their annual Winter Concert. The concert featured various musical groups, including the Roosevelt Band, the Strings, Symphony Orchestra, Symphonic Band, the Chamber Choir and the Gospel Choir. The students performing were exuberant, and audience members said that they had fun watching it all unfold.

Ms. Sally Wagner, the band teacher and conductor at ERHS, said this concert was “kind of like a final exam”. There was a lot of pressure on the students, who are graded on their performance. Fortunately for the students, audience members said it sounded amazing. The performance opened the eyes of students to different types of music. Senior Hassan Thomas said “it was very entertaining,” and that he is going to start listening to more music of this genre.

The lively reaction of the audience was felt by the musicians as well. Senior Nora Tebid, a violinist, said “it makes the performance more meaningful.” Judging on both the audience’s excitement and the band members ,the Winter Concert was a success.