Polls

Who do you think will win the 2024 Superbowl?

• Chiefs (50%, 69 Votes)
  • 49ers (28%, 39 Votes)
  • Ravens (20%, 27 Votes)
  • Lions (1%, 2 Votes)

Total Voters: 137

Loading ... Loading ...

ERHS Attends College Fair

Ms. Hamelin, guidance counselor and College Fair coordinator and guidance counselor Mr.Smith
Ms. Sarah Hamelin, guidance counselor and College Fair coordinator and guidance counselor Mr.Gregory Smith

On Wednesday, Oct. 29th from 7 to 9pm, ERHS hosted its College Fair so students could learn about new colleges and talk to college representatives, to help in the students’ decision of which college to ultimately attend.

“There is a career readiness initiative,” said Ms. Sarah Hamelin, a guidance counselor at ERHS and the College Fair coordinator.

Ms. Hamelin mentioned that coordinating the College Fair this year challenged her, but she enjoyed the experience. “It’s a lot of work,” said Ms. Hamelin. “It’s taken a lot of organization. Luckily when I interned here last year I helped out, so this year I made a list of colleges and universities to come here.”

She also stated that “It is important for students to speak to colleges and universities so they can get information.”

Junior Denise Restum thought ERHS’s College Fair is a “good way to inquire about college” and that it “gives students decisions of where we want to go.”

Milan Brown said “I like that Roosevelt [High School] has a College Fair because it gives our students the opportunity to find colleges outside of Maryland that they might be interested in rather than feeling like they ‘have to go to UMD.’”

Another senior, Cindy Makori, said that she attended the College Fair because she wants to go to college and the “College Fair gives access to speak to representatives.” She continued, “I checkout school potential to narrow down where I wanna go.”