Club Feature: Construction and DIY Club

Construction+Club+gathers+for+instruction.+
Construction Club gathers for instruction.

If you are looking for some insight into Eleanor Roosevelt, come find out what happens after school! There are many clubs, sports, and activities that take place in the building after school. The clubs that will be discussed are the DIY (Do It Yourself) Club and the Construction Club. Both these clubs meet up  weekly during Tuesdays and Thursdays. Construction Club and DIY Club both meet up in room 011. Meetings take place before school at 7:30am-8:30am and after school at 3:30pm-5pm. The sponsor for both clubs is Mr. Rob Nusum. Both clubs were interviewed to get more information for one person from each club of why they joined.

While interviewing was taking place a few pictures of the clubs were captured that show the gathering for a club discussion along with the club members starting their December project of making Christmas ornaments. 

Students construct ornaments with materials and instructions given.
Mr. Nusum explains the process.

When Julianne Calloway, a freshman at ERHS, was asked why she joined the Construction Club,  she expressed how she enjoys building things in her free time. She adds how she feels as though doing her construction  as a hobby its overall a cool experience. Calloway was asked when she started to get into her hobby. She responded ¨I started when I was young but wanted to really take it seriously when I was in 8th.” In the end of the interview Calloway was asked if she would take this as a career and she stated that she would want to make this a career. 

Elizabeth Abang, another freshman at ERHS, was asked why she joined the DIY Club. She stated that she wanted to use her creative mind to build something out of old materials. Abang adds that DIY Club also lets you use your creativity to make something old look new. Abang was also asked when she got into her hobby. She responded ¨I started in 8th but wanted to start actually wanting to be apart of the club in my freshman year.¨ In the end of the interview Abang was also asked if she would make this a career and Abang expressed that she doesn’t know, but wants to see later on if she feels like it.

If you are interested in joining either club or you want to know more, check in with Mr. Nusum!

An epoxy table made by the club.