J.V. Football Players Reflect on a Successful Season

J.V. football team holds the record of 8-4 in the total season. Raider Review decided to check in with some J.V. players to get to know them and how they feel overall about this season. We have to gather two J.V. Players and ask them how they feel about their overall performance this season and what they are planning to do in the future. The Two Players that were gathered were Gaberial Vasquez And Karol Melody.

A sophomore named Gabriel Vasquez feels that his overall performance was good and that this year he started off the season slow but he has improved much since and still feels he has a lot to improve on. Vasquez states that “God did” for his reason to push to be great in what he wants to become. Vasquez’s reason for playing football was that he wanted to face adversity and discipline so he started playing recently at the age of 12 to challenge himself with a new sport and has grown and enjoyed it ever since. Vasquez states that his dream is to make it pro and the only way it can be done is through consistency, hard work, and discipline so that will be my mindset for the next 2 years to reach that goal. Vasquez is also interested in working as a sports reporter as he enjoys the sports industry and reporting various sports around the country would be great.

A sophomore named Karol Melody states that has been great, he is proud of himself and the team. Melody says “We work as a family and they push through as a family”,  Melody feels that he has overall been good but there is something he could make better.  Melody also likes fishing in his free time when he is not playing football.  He will put in more work to make sure those things aren’t noticeable and don’t affect the team. Melody “Gives all thanks to god” for his reason for pushing to success in his high school career.  Melody states that his reason for playing football is because It is a fun sport and he doesn’t know if it is just at roose but the football community is a good group of people. Melody shares that he is not sure if he wants to go to professional football but He wants to play college football. 

Eleanor Roosevelt football team is a great community and they feel like a little family. ERHS football J.V team has an upcoming football game against Flowers starting on November 2, 2023, and it’s going to be an Away game. Erhs has recently beaten Bowie by 16 points and Bowie could not score. Eleanor Roosevelt J.V football season was a good one since they only lost 3 games and they overcame obstacles to stand where they at now.

Photos by @Flixbyalpha on Instagram