Polls

Who do you think will win the 2024 Superbowl?

• Chiefs (50%, 69 Votes)
  • 49ers (28%, 39 Votes)
  • Ravens (20%, 27 Votes)
  • Lions (1%, 2 Votes)

Total Voters: 137

Loading ... Loading ...

What to Know About Israel and Hamas

Map+of+the+Israeli+and+Palestinian+territories.+%0ACourtesy+of+Fox+News+
Map of the Israeli and Palestinian territories. Courtesy of Fox News

Within the past 3 or so weeks, Hamas, a Palestinian political and military organization that emerged in the late 1980s launched the first attack in the Gaza Strip during the October 7th rampage. Israel says Hamas killed some 1,400 people including young children, and children within our age groups, the deaths of these many children will have an immense impact on the future. The health ministry in Hamas-ruled Gaza said more than 8,000 Palestinians had been killed in the retaliatory air strikes, including up to 6,300 injured children, and on average up to 420 Palestinian children are killed or injured daily. Israel and Palestine have engaged in ongoing efforts to address the conflict between the two, including negotiations, peace talks, and escalations of violence. It is unsure what is truly considered the most recent attack that has taken place some of the latest and most pressing have been an Israeli strike that hit a refugee camp in southern Gaza killing at least 15 people and 2 Israeli Hungarian children plus 200 more being held hostage by Hamas. 

Map showing the loss of land in Palestine.
Courtesy of Palestine Portal

The conflict between both initially started in 1948 when the Arab-Israeli War broke out. The Arab-Israeli War was a series of conflicts between Israel and Arab countries like Egypt, Jordan, and Syria. It resulted in territorial changes, with Israel gaining control over more land. These territorial disputes and the displacement of Palestinians during the war have contributed to the ongoing Israel-Palestine conflict. The conflict today involves Israel, Palestine, and Hamas. Hamas is a Palestinian political and military organization that emerged in the late 1980s. It is involved in this conflict because it seeks to establish an independent Palestinian state and opposes the existence of Israel. Hamas has been engaged in armed resistance against Israel and has been designated as a terrorist organization by several countries. The conflict between Hamas and Israel is complex and multifaceted, with historical, political, and territorial factors contributing to its continuation. This conflict’s main points include borders, settlements, security, and the right to self-determination for both Israelis and Palestinians. 

The end goal of Hamas is to establish an independent Palestinian state and opposes the existence of Israel. Hamas has been engaged in armed resistance against Israel and has been designated as a terrorist organization by several countries. 

The Gaza Strip is a significant area of conflict between Israel and Palestine due to its strategic location and historical significance. The Gaza Strip has historical significance as it has been a center of trade, culture, and conflict throughout history. It has been mentioned in ancient texts and ruled by various empires and civilizations over time. Its strategic location along the Mediterranean coast has made it a key territory of interest for different powers throughout history. The strip is a densely populated territory with a large Palestinian population, which has led to tensions and clashes with Israeli forces. The control and governance of the Gaza Strip have been major points of contention between the two sides and where a lot of attacks are taking place.

The Israel-Palestine conflict has resulted in ongoing tension, violence, and loss of lives on both sides. It has also led to the displacement of many Palestinians and the establishment of Israeli settlements in the occupied territories. Efforts to find a peaceful resolution and achieve lasting peace continue to be challenging, with the loss of so many innocent children who are forced to live a life caught in between this political war, and as children as well we must educate those who do not know the horrors of the Israel-Palestine war.

For more information and photos :

Iraq, Jordan, Egypt condemn Israel for attacking Gaza as Holy Land fends off strikes from Syria, Lebanon
Maps: Loss of Land