Bryce Dubayah: PG County Athlete of the Month

Alia Parker, Sports Editor

Eleanor Roosevelt High School senior Bryce Dubayah had been named Prince George’s County’s Athlete of the Month for the month of April. Dubayah is being recognized for his accomplishments both athletically, and academically at our school, while also being very successful and involved in various extracurricular activities.
Last year Dubayah made it to the state playoffs for the Boys Doubles with teammate Uzoma Nwanna, though they were outed in the first round by a team from Walt Whitman of Mongomery County. He is also a co-captain of Eleanor Roosevelt’s succesful cross country team. It takes a lot to balance two sports like tennis and cross country. Dubayah says it is “strenuous but also fulfilling because of the love he has for both sports.
Not only is he a leader athletically, Dubayah is also a leader in the Eleanor Roosevelt High School school community. He has 4.08 cumulative GPA, the president of ERHS’ National Honor Society, a member of the Spanish Honor Society,and a member of ERHS’ jazz ensemble. He will also graduate from the Science & Technology Program at Eleanor Roosevelt in June.
Once again he acknowlegded that he has a lot on his plate, between academic, athletic and extracurricular obligations but he takes pride in setting high standards for himself in all areas of his life.
The Eleanor Roosevelt senior Inonge Kaloustian is “proud to have a student like Bryce be recognized by Prince George’s County.”