Weak Spirit Week?

Amrita Ahuja and Nicole Sauls

An annual ERHS tradition, spring spirit week took place from April 5th- April 8th. Many students look forward to spirit week, claiming that it builds energy for class night at the end of the week. However, this year, class night took place before the kick off of spirit week. Despite this small change, students were not stopped from showing their school spirit.

Students kicked off spirit week right after coming back from spring break by twinning with a friend. Sophomore Nancy Anabaraonye was disappointed with spirit week falling right after break, admitting that “[she] personally forgot spirit week was starting.” Twin day was a seemingly unnoticeable theme, as a lot of “twins” weren’t seen together during the day and appeared to be dressed in their normal attire. This lull in obvious spirit contributed to the duller mood of the week. “Class color day was fun, but I didn’t really like spirit week this year,” said sophomore Alison Graham.

“I felt that spirit week had kind of lost its “spirit,” since we usually have events leading us up to class night, this spirit week was a little off,” said senior Ashton Akinrimisi. “The themes were fun but it just wasn’t the same anticipation that fueled us all.”

Wednesday was crazy day, which seemed to prove the most popular. Anabaraonye said this day was her favorite- although “definitely less people participated this year. It was kind of disappointing to see that people didn’t go out as much for crazy day this year as they did last year.”

Next was age switch day, where upperclassmen dressed as elders and underclassmen dressed as babies. The school week was topped off with celebrity day, followed by the annual spring fling dance on Saturday.