Breaking News: Homecoming Rescheduled Due to Inclement Weather

Vincent Jaugan

Students walking through today’s rain at the back of the school

Noah Waldron, Managing Editor

This morning, just one day before Eleanor Roosevelt High School’s homecoming dance, administration announced that the first of the biannual dances will be rescheduled to an unknown date due to the expected inclement weather resulting form Hurricane Joaquin.

Administration and staff said they are unsure when the dance will be rescheduled to. “As of right now, I have no idea when it will be rescheduled to,” school administrator Ms. Arnita Dew said regarding the issue.

It was planned that an organization known as FLYE (Future Leaders and Young Entrepeneurs) would entirely sponsor this year’s homecoming dance. The dance was also to include DJ Trini from 93.9 WKYS, as well as free professional photography with the purchase of tickets. Because of these elements outside of school control, the whole affair is “bigger than us,” Ms. Dew stated. She went on to say that this years homecoming, because of the new sponsoring, would be “three times bigger” than any school dances years prior.

“Student safety is always our biggest priority,” Ms. Dew explained. Though the weather inconvenience proves troublesome and inconvenient for students and administrators, the change in scheduling comes at a primary concern for the well-being of students.

According to Mr. Brian Secker, the SGA sponsor, ticket sales will continue into next week, but he said he will have more information about scheduling later.

Juniors and Seniors, however, may benefit from the change since many said they would not have attended the dance on October 2 because of the October 3 SAT.