Spring Spirit Week

Kiara Romero, Senior Staff Writer

This year’s spring spirit week was held on the week of March 30 – April 2. The days for this spirit week were, sequentially, Animal Day, Crazy Day, Class Color Day, and Tie-Dye Thursday.

The purpose of spirit week is to express school spirit and creativity, such as with the extravagant outfits of Tuesday’s Crazy Day.

Many seniors enjoyed the final spring spirit week here at ERHS before their senior spirit week in the senior’s last week of school, May 11-15.

One of these seniors, Olushola Omomo shared,“I love spirit week days because it literally brings everyone together and it’s just loads of fun.” She continued, “The amount of spirit for spirit week should be extraordinary, people should feel free to get out their comfort zone.”

Omomo mentioned that she enjoys dressing up for spirit week for reasons like, “Even if I look stupid, I know I’m not alone.”

“The amount of spirit for spirit week is out of control,” said junior Nikki Agagu. “It’s really fun because everyone participates together and it’s a week of doing whatever you want.”

“I really enjoyed it,” said sophomore Nia Brown, who said that she likes to dress up for spirit week because she says that she feels spirited. However, she did have some negative feelings about Animal Day. “I didn’t like Animal Day. I think they could have been more creative,” Brown said.