Raiders Reign Victorious Against Rival Tigers

The Eleanor Roosevelt Raiders boys’ Varsity basketball team took another win on the road to state finals with a score of 62-57 against their rivals the DuVal Tigers on Tuesday January 20, 2015.

The game went back and forth from beginning to end, with both teams executing plays and putting points on the board. The Raiders went in to half time tied with the Tigers, but managed to come back out and finish with victory.

#4, Senior Guard Ishmail Jabbie said “It was a rival game, personal, and a big win on the road,” adding that “we need to improve on our execution and have less turnovers.” The Raiders are halfway through the season now, holding a 11-2 record.

Coach Brendan O’Connell said he was “happy we won.” He said he believed the Raiders did a great job in making plays, but that their offense needs some work, also mentioning that he is proud of #5 Sophomore Guard Delascio Dancy and the hard work he has been putting in. The Raiders next game is on Monday January 26, 2015 at Riverdale Baptist against the Crusaders, be sure to come out and support.