Jethro’s Quick Tips to Midterm Cramming

Midterms are here, and along with SATs and finals, are the bane of every student’s existence. Coupled with homework, extracurricular activities, and non-school related activities, midterms can be a nuisance. If you have too much going on in your life to study for midterms, here are my quick tips for midterm cramming:

1. Skim through your notes and your textbook

If you happened to have stayed awake during class and have scribbled down some notes, take a few minutes to look through them. The little bit of information that you get from them could be the difference between failing your midterm and horribly failing your midterm (just kidding, I hope you don’t fail). If you don’t have any notes, or your notes aren’t very helpful, consult your textbook and skim through the contents.

2. Take advantage of internet sources

We are very lucky to be living in a world where the internet exists. Unlike older generations, we have a plethora of internet educational sources to use. Instead of watching music videos (or whatever you usually watch) on Youtube, watch videos related to the contents of your midterm(s). More often than not, these videos can be helpful and explain subjects that you don’t understand well. If you don’t have time to watch a video, there are many websites that explain the same things through text. Think about them as open-source textbooks. Other websites also have practice quizzes for you to try out.

As I stated earlier, these are just a few quick tips from me. If you haven’t studied beforehand, cramming is the way to go. In no way, however, do I advocate cheating. It is better to cram last minute than to cheat. Good luck on your midterms next week!

Sincerely,

Jethro

View Comments (1)
$25
$350

About the Contributor
Jethro Punzalan
Jethro Punzalan, Advice Columnist
Jethro Punzalan is a senior at Eleanor Roosevelt High School and is currently a staff writer and the resident Advice Columnist of the Raider Review. He pioneered the advice column “Ask Jethro”. Various ERHS students send him questions about their dilemmas and problems and he answers them. Jethro has been writing articles for The Raider Review for about two years. He started in his sophomore year when Journalism was just a club, and not a class yet. He has always enjoyed writing, and when he heard about the Journalism club, he thought it would be the perfect opportunity to hone his writing skills and meet other people with similar interests. In his junior year, Journalism became an official class and Jethro was happy to be taking it with the new friends he made from the club. He is currently taking Journalism II. Jethro is originally from the San Fernando Valley in Southern California, and he plans to return there after high school. His top pick is the University of Southern California in Los Angeles, and while he plans to become a Biology major, he plans to write for USC’s campus newspaper, The Daily Trojan, as an extracurricular. Other colleges he plans to apply to are Pacific Union College, the University of California - San Diego, the University of California - Santa Barbara, and the University of Maryland - College Park.
$25
$350

Jethro’s Quick Tips to Midterm Cramming