A Step to the Future or Just Another Boot Strap Paradox?

In the futuristic time of Interstellar, Earth has been hit by a vast environmental calamity known as the Blight, therefore forcing humanity to abandon discovery and technology and instead focus on the survival of mankind as a whole. To that end, former NASA pilot Cooper (Matthew McConaughey), is now a farmer tasked with growing one of the planet’s last remaining sustainable crops. In a time when mankind has been asked to put aside personal desire for the greater good, Cooper has attempted to make peace with farm life, providing for his teenage children, Tom (Timothée Chalamet) and Murph (Mackenzie Foy), as well as his aging father-in-law Donald (John Lithgow), yet even as conditions become increasingly dire on Earth, Cooper’s thirst for scientific discovery remain.

However, when Cooper reunites with an old colleague, Professor Brand (Michael Caine), he is offered a new chance to fulfill an old ambition. After being told that the situation on Earth is much more worse than he knew, he is asked to leave his loving family behind and go on an uncertain journey into space to save mankind. Interstellar is an imaginative movie, but includes a heavy mix of personal sacrifice and theoretical physics that does not leave much room for imagination, fine storytelling or particularly memorable actions. The visual effects and dramatic, intense sound track really keeps the audience mesmerized and emotional. Director Christopher Nolan has brought yet another amazing movie to the big screen, ranking at one his best, definitely making Interstellar a must see.