Polls

Who do you think will win the 2024 Superbowl?

• Chiefs (50%, 69 Votes)
  • 49ers (28%, 39 Votes)
  • Ravens (20%, 27 Votes)
  • Lions (1%, 2 Votes)

Total Voters: 137

Loading ... Loading ...

Top 3 Shows On Netflix To Binge-Watch Over Break

If you anticipate your winter break to be dull and eventless, why not spend it catching up on shows you’ve heard everyone talk about. These are my picks for the top 3 shows on Netflix to cuddle up on the couch and binge-watch over your frosty winter break.

1. American Horror Story

If you’re like me you might have heard endless talk and seen endless tweets about how amazing the newest season of American Horror Story is. So of course the praise received for the show would intrigue anyone to watch it and I’m glad I did. Netflix provides the first three seasons of the show (the fourth is currently on TV now) and from the start of the first season I could tell this show would be a favorite. The complex plot may at first seem random and unrelated but as the show progresses you will see that everything comes together seamlessly. Suspense, betrayal, shock and drama await you in this treasure of a show, and much like the name of its fourth  and most recent season freak show, you need to see it to believe it.

2. Bob’s Burgers

Maybe you’re not into thriller shows as intense as AHS, but everyone loves to sit down and watch a good comedy, especially when it’s in the form of a cartoon. Bob’s Burgers follows a family that after many failed attempts finally opens a beloved burger shop. The seemingly bland, work-oriented personality of the owner Bob Belcher is easily balanced by the bubbly, quirky, and frankly weird personalities of his wife Linda, daughters Tina and Louise and son Gene. Every episode of this show is filled with wacky adventures (such as the Belcher kids breaking into an abandoned taffy factory in search of gold) and laughs galore. With so many playfully ridiculous plot schemes and characters, Bob’s Burgers will not disappoint.

3. How I Met Your Mother

You might have heard people say the term “Suit Up”, but you aren’t living if you haven’t heard the character Barney Stinson from the Emmy award winning TV series How I Met Your Mother say it. HIMYM follows the story that character Ted Mosby tells his kids of – you guessed it- how he met their mother. As cliché as it may sound, the show doesn’t actually show how Ted met their mother until the last episode of the last season, and instead shows countless entertaining and hilarious tales that he swears all relate to how he met their mother which include Ted’s group of friends . His friends include lovebirds Lily and Marshall, suave player Barney, and bold previous love interest Robin. Although the show contains nine seasons, the comedic content will trap you (as it did me) into somehow watching all the seasons over a brief period of time – perfect for winter break.