Raiders TRI-umph over Spartans

The ERHS Raiders varsity volleyball team took a win against the Laurel Spartans, defeating them 3-0 at home yesterday.

Displaying a great deal of work both offensively and defensively, the Raiders began with nice serves, great passes, and tremendous amount of teamwork that lead to their victory.

Team captain, Senior Kristen Watson, showed a great deal of athleticism and led the team to victory.

“We played pretty well, and it was very interesting to see their defense in this game,” said Kristen. Although they are late in the regular season, Kristen wants to improve on their serving and blocking. She believes the team played well, and hopes to go far in the season.

Coach Eileen Lloyd echoed Watson’s statement that while the team played well, they could also improve.

“We did alright, not our best performance, but a couple nice swings and serves.” Coach Lloyd said she knows that being late in the season does not mean that there is no room for improvement. She said the team hopes to work on serving, and strengthen people who can block. With a tremendous performance from the Raiders, they still wish to progress going into the post season.

“We did good, could’ve passed and blocked better,” said senior Janell Coleman.

The Lady Raiders take on the Northwestern Wildcats on Monday, Oct. 13 at home.