Three Highly Addictive Shows You Will Crave

1. How To Get Away With Murder

Producer of hit TV-show Scandal Shonda Rhimes has created another show that is equally as scandalous. How To Get Away With Murder aired on ABC September 25, 2014 and already has viewers intrigued. This series goes into the life of profound law Professor Annalise Keating and her class of eager law students. After completing an initial assignment to determine which students will join her law firm, 5 students stand out. Among those students are innocent and unassuming Wes Gibbons (Alfred Enoch), Connor Walsh (Jack Falahee) the boy who’s willing to do anything in order to win, inquisitive Michaela Pratt (Aja Naomi King) who is equally as driven and prepared for any obstacle thrown at her, shy yet intuitive Laurel Castillo (Karla Souza), and Asher Millstone (Matt McGory) the boy fed from a silver spoon. The dynamic personalities of the students will keep viewers entertained and wondering what will happen next. Providing twists and turns, this show will keep you on the edge of your seat, and leave you craving for more.

1. Gotham

If you’re into gallant superheroes and nefarious villains, than this show is for you. Gotham, which aired on FOX September 22, 2014, explains how after witnessing his parents being robbed and killed in front of his very eyes, young Bruce Wayne (David Mazouz) came to be the doughty hero Batman whilst growing up in the infamous city of Gotham. However, unlike the popular Batman movies, it goes more in depth into the man who vowed to young Bruce that he would capture his parents’ murderer Detective James Gordon (Ben McKenzie). Gordon adjusts to the sometimes corrupt ways of the Gotham Police Department on his climb to success from rookie to Police Commissioner, with the help of experienced detective Harvey Bullock (Donal Logue). Though Bullock’s methods of training can be considered questionable, he gains Gordon’s trust, which is necessary in a city like Gotham. This show also reveals how the miscreant villains from the Batman comic books came to be, such as “The Penguin”, who is introduced in the pilot. You should definitely stay tuned into this action packed show.

1. Selfie

Have you ever felt like you have no real friends? Well, that’s exactly what main character Eliza Dooley (Karen Gillan) is feeling in the new hit show Selfie which aired on ABC September 30, 2014. When Eliza asks her “friends” for help after experiencing a traumatic and embarrassing experience on a plane, and none came to the rescue, she realizes there is a difference between being befriended and actually having friends. After watching co-worker Henry (John Cho) receive praise from all his co-workers for redeeming the company name after an item of theirs was placed on recall, Eliza is compelled to ask her quiet and reserved co-worker for help. If he can fix the company name after their poor business move, then he can surely fix her and rectify her ostentatious ways. Being an introvert with little friends himself, they both soon realize that they are polar opposites, yet need each other. Their journey leading to acceptance is amusing, humorous, heart felt and, much like a selfie, highly addictive.