Ask Jethro: Insecure and Sleepy Head

Greetings! I’m Jethro Punzalan, a staff writer on the ERHS Raider and this is my advice column! If you have any questions to ask me (and the rest of The Raider staff) regarding a personal problem, please feel free to send them to my e-mail at [email protected] or direct message my Twitter @RaiderJethro. You can post your name as anonymous or with your real name.

Dear Jethro,

No one danced with me at homecoming. I feel so bad! is there something wrong with me? 

– Insecure

Dear Insecure,

If no one danced with you at Homecoming this year, don’t sweat it. I’m sure many other people had to dance by themselves. There is nothing wrong with you. If you really want someone to dance with at the next school dance, try going up to people and asking them to dance with you. Maybe the reason no one danced with you this year is because you didn’t put yourself out there. If you do that and look like you’re having the time of your life regardless of your ability to dance, then other people will want to join in on the fun. Good luck to you at the next dance!

Sincerely,

Jethro

Dear Jethro, 

This year my sister is going to a high school, which starts at 8:30, while mine start at 8:45. Every morning she is complaining how I make her late to school because I like to sleep in a little late. (My Dad drops us off to school) My argument is that I can sleep in late because my school starts later, and that she should leave earlier than me and not wait on me. What should I do? Am I being just?
Sleepy Head

Dear Sleepy Head,

While you and your sister both make good points, I’m afraid I’m going to have to agree with your sister. 15 minutes is not much of a time difference, and it would be easier for your dad to drop both of you off at the same time instead of having to go back and forth. It is also unfair to your sister because she gets to school late because you took longer to get ready. When it comes to arguments, I would normally tell you to compromise, but I see no reason to compromise in this situation. The answer is clear: you have to get up and leave the house at the same time as your sister.

Sincerely,

Jethro