Unified Triumphs: ERHS Girls Lacrosse Team Secures Victory Over Bowie

Last Friday, April 12, the ERHS girls lacrosse team triumphed against rivals Bowie High School with a 13-4 victory. The team played impressively, striking a score within the first few minutes of the first quarter. As time went on, they scored continuously, ultimately leading to a successful match. 

When recalling the game, Junior Claire Peña says that “the key factor that helped us win on Friday was teamwork.” She says that “overall, that was probably the best our team has worked together this season and that definitely showed out in the way things played out.” She adds that “since Bowie is one of the more competitive teams we play, we hope that winning against them will build the momentum we need to beat future teams that may be just as competitive.¨ Reflecting on what she was most proud of from that performance, she says that “I’m most proud of how all our players kept a level head throughout the entire game and never gave up.” When asked about a specific mindset or strategy during game day, she says that it’s “knowing that we have the ability to beat the teams we come up against, as long as we try our best.” 

Senior Brooke Sharp believes that “a lot of it [success] came from our work as a team.” “We’ve done a lot of work during the part of the season where we don’t do games and that’s when we build our team together and get to know each other.” She adds that “this win shows that no matter how tough a team is, all that really matters is how we work together, and then no matter what, even if we don’t win, at least we know that we gave it our best effort, and that’s kind of what that win meant to me.” 

This is only the beginning for the success of the team – there’s much more to see from them as the season progresses. See the schedule for their remaining games below, and come out to support the team.