Unlocking the World of Style with the ERHS Fashion Club

The Fashion Club interest meeting with all the members.

The Fashion Club at Eleanor Roosevelt High School is not just a club, but a gateway to a universe of self-expression, confidence, and innovation in clothing. It is a dedicated group of trendsetters, designers, and fashion lovers! This club is stitching together a fabric of creativity and artistry. The Fashion Club meets once a month after school on Fridays in room 232 or room 001, The club is run by three juniors on the leadership team: president Katrina Lu, and co-vice-presidents Angel Nguyen and Nahawa Sanogo.

“We created this club because I’ve always been passionate about clothes; it’s about self-expression, culture, and art. At Eleanor Roosevelt, I saw an opportunity to bring like-minded individuals together and create a platform to explore fashion depth” Lu explains.

The Fashion Club is a club where students can gather around to discuss the newest trends in fashion and create arts and crafts! The fashion club wants to teach students who are interested in the structure of fashion, the history of fashion, and all the sorts of fashion you can decide for yourself. The Fashion Club is a club that was recently created last year in October, which marks a year of success. 

Fashion Club is for anyone interested in makeup, modeling, fashion design, and clothing. Most importantly, it’s an environment for students to socialize and have fun. For more information about the club, or if you are an aspiring designer, or just interested in fashion worldwide, you can find the fashion club updates at @ERHS.Fashion where they post their next meetings, photos about their clubs, and even the projects they create! They also do photoshoots with club photographer Obed Cung. Daisy Parada is also the makeup artist for the club. 

The Fashion Club members making art projects, painting on t-shirts and canvas.

Being in the Fashion Club offers members exposure to fashion knowledge, networking opportunities, and hands-on experiences in designing and organizing fashion-related events. Katrina Lu shares her exciting projects that the Fashion Club has for plans: “We plan to do t-shirt painting/design, Cricut projects such as totes, sewing/patchwork, crocheting, hands-on DIY, and much more. We hope to have a photoshoot this year or a Fashion Show. We have already done some of these activities!”

Nahawa Sanogo explains that she was interested in joining ¨because it was a club being run by friends and I always thought it was funny how different we were when it came to fashion. We could all come together over a shared experience about finding out our styles and discuss that with others.¨ In addition, Sango says, “There was not a club at Roosevelt that explored a sense of fashion.” Nahawa share What Angel Nyguen enjoys most about Fashion Club is ¨I enjoy being able to showcase her clothing style and share it with others, along with being able to guide others into finding theirs.¨