After Endeavoring through the Season, ERHS Raiders Face Season Ending Loss

Roosevelt+Raiders+in+offensive+position+aiming+to+score+

Niko Crumpler-Peoples

Roosevelt Raiders in offensive position aiming to score

Blessing Bate

This season, The Eleanor Roosevelt Football team faced 9 schools, playing 11 games;  in our Maryland 4A class.  But after months of hard work and dedication, The ERHS Raiders played their final match of the season against Charles Herbert Flowers High School On November 12, 2022.

The  Raiders held a strong 13-point lead up until halftime. The Roosevelt students and parents were ecstatic. The fans cheered our athletes on, waving our blue and black streamers as our Cheerleaders sang to keep our energy high. The sounds of our screams drowned out the thoughts of fear, as this game determined whether or not we would continue the season, or be knocked out of the playoffs. 

The Defensive and Offensive line fought their hardest to maintain this, but with a turn of events, Flowers High School QB Sean Johnson came hard and put 12 points on the scoreboard.

C.H Flowers High School athletes turned up the heat to the end and gained the lead on us. They stayed focused and in the end, they earned their win.

With the Final score being 40-20, we closed out the season with strong feelings of reconciliation. Our Seniors reflected on their beginnings and how far they’ve come. Our Coaches gave the team words of hope and expressed how they, as one body, progressed in numerous ways. Assistant Coach Mr.Warren exclaimed, “We have a winning team”  This 2022 Season is over, but our raiders are far from finished.