Sports in 2020

++++++++++Photo+Courtesy+of+Isaac+Brekken%2FAssociated+Press%0A%0AOne+of+the+Biggest+2020+Fights+Mike+Tyson+Vs+Roy+Jones+

Photo Courtesy of Isaac Brekken/Associated Press One of the Biggest 2020 Fights Mike Tyson Vs Roy Jones

Reco Goodwin, Staff Writer

When we talk about sports in 2020, it is so much bigger than all the years in sports. I feel as if this year was the most valuable if you really look at it. Sports in 2020 has changed so many lives from young to old. Sports had its biggest losses due to the deaths of Kobe and Gianna Bryant, but it also motivated people to go harder and think about how valuable life is. Also, sports had its best moments. Sports has had its best moments in which crazy things would happen that no one would have ever imagined. Sports has not only changed, but it has influenced others.

Sports in 2020 has had a huge impact on student athletes. A lot of student-athletes couldn’t have that student-athlete experience due to COVID-19, but at the same time that shows who really wants it and who’s ready to put the work in, in order to be successful in their sport. This point of time shows who the excuse makers are and who the hard workers are. “I have nothing in common with lazy people who blame others for their lack of success. Great things come from hard work and perseverance. No excuses.” – Kobe Bryant. This quote represents that people who are hardworking and dedicated will achieve what they want to achieve and Kobe knew that, which is why he was so successful.

Let’s talk about one of the biggest fights in 2020. Mike Tyson and Roy Jones Jr! This match ended in a draw after the legendary boxers went the full eight rounds at Staples Center. After the fight, Tyson and Jones showered each other with compliments. Two incredible fighters came together and fought one of the biggest fights in 2020. If that’s not a great moment to look back on in 2020 sports, then I don’t know what is. This just lets people know you can do anything you want no matter the situation or circumstances.

The NBA (National Basketball Association) in 2020 has involved so much. 2020 was about more than finding a way to play for the W.N.B.A. or the N.B.A. In Florida, the NBA bubble didn’t just protect, it projected the voices of the players in support of the Black Lives Matter movement after the fatal shootings of Breonna Taylor, Ahmaud Arbery, and George Floyd. This is so inspirational, but not just to people that are fans of the NBA, but to the youth. Those who are young wanting to have a voice about certain things that’s going on in the world right now can feel comfortable with speaking because their favorite athlete is speaking on an important situation or they are inspired by what that athlete has said. That’s why the NBA has just evolved as a whole and as a movement!