Post Malone’s Hollywood’s Bleeding Album Review

Saloni Gupta, Video Editor

Post Malone’s third studio album, Hollywood’s Bleeding, was released on September 6th, 2019. The album contains a total of 17 songs including hit singles “Circles”, “Wow”, and “Sunflower”. If you listen to the radio, then you have heard these play every day. The album charted at #1 on Billboard 200 in the U.K. 

The main genre of the album is described as Hip-Hop/Rap. Although, there is some rock influence on this album which makes it different from his previous works. There is something for everyone on the album because the songs feature a large variety of artists. Artists featured such as DaBaby, Future, Meek Mill, Lil Baby, Young Thug, Travis Scott, and Swae Lee can satisfy people who like rap and hip-hop. To extend the diversity, a heavy metal artist, Ozzy Osbourne, is featured on one of the songs. To bring more R&B and pop influence to the album, artists such as SZA and Halsey are featured. 

The main genre of the album is described as Hip-Hop/Rap. Although, there is some rock influence on this album which makes it different from his previous works. The first song on the album is the title track “Hollywood’s Bleeding” which, according to Genius, talks about the toxicity in the Hollywood lifestyle and how it can get the best of the person. The album closes with a track called “Wow.” which is very popular on the radio and in which he talks about his success. 

Since this album had different types of sounds than his other two albums, the students had mixed reactions to it. Senior Ken Shimizu said that“the album was different. Very edgy. I liked his last two albums better but it was still good”. However, Senior Aidan Cruz said that“ [he] thought the album was very well made. He did a good job choosing his features…all the hooks and the melodies are really catchy and [I] give it a 10/10”. 

The people featured on the album also drew the attention of the people who normally don’t listen to Malone. It gave them an opportunity to explore his music since one of their favorite artists was on a song with him. Senior Sarah Lodhi said,“I really enjoy Ozzy Osbourne’s music and hearing him in Post Malone’s ‘Take What You Want’ in a different genre of music was an interesting and enjoyable experience. It gave me the right amount of dramatic energy as I listened to the song”. 

With a great variety of sounds and taking the risk of trying something different, Post Malone has really outdone himself with this album.