Real Reels: About Last Night

The Raider Staff reminds you that the following movie is rated R and should not be viewed by anyone under 18 years of age unless seen with parental consent.

If you’re in the mood for a romantic movie then About Last Night is right for you. This rendition of the movie is a remake based to the original release from 1986. Like the original, this movie was greatly enjoyed by varied audiences. With an entertaining cast that consists of Joy Bryant, Michael Ealy, Regina Hall, Paula Patton, and the notoriously funny Kevin Hart. This movie tells you the story of 2 couples who are also best friends. Michael Ealy who plays Danny is learning how to let go of his previous relationship in order to find true love. He learns to do that with Joy Bryant who plays the character Debbie, who has relationship problems of her own. This movie portrays the ups and downs of relationships and how to manage one. However, Regina Hall who plays character Joan, and Kevin Hart who plays character Bernie are quite the opposite. Their relationship is fun, exciting and a little bit crazy, which is quite the opposite of Danny and Debbie’s relationship. This movie is sweet and romantic, but like the relationships in the movie it comes with drama. Don’t be alarmed if you aren’t interested in a drama, this movie has plenty of laughs in store as well. Kevin Hart delivers many of these laughs. Overall, this is the perfect date night movie to see if you like a romantic drama with mild humor.