Seniors List Top 5 Things to do Before Graduation

Jordyn Lyles, Business Manager

I spent a day hanging out by the senior caves and asking seniors what they wanted to do before they graduated. According to about 20 randomly sampled seniors the top five things to do are:

1. Graduate -More than one senior said they just wanted to leave and go to college or do something better with their lives. “I cannot wait till I can leave this place,” said Qiana Brown
  2. Skip school- Seniors said that if students have not skipped before, they encourage graduating seniors to try it out. Many people may call this “taking a mental health day. A student, who wished to remain anonymous to protect his frequent skipping status – in his own words, he “has people out for him” said that “We have to be bad for once.”
  3. Have the best senior prank- Some years, like class of 2016, had pranks I didn’t like – lemons all over lockers. Some years, students have vandalized school and teacher property. Last year’s prank involved purple streamers and paper all over the senior caves. “Last year’s senior class prank was weak, so we gotta show out” said senior Kayla Pringle.
  4. Get a 4.0 for 3rd and 4th quarter- It’s tempting to give up, but you have to finish strong, like my dad says. That I don’t do. “I would like to know how it feels to have all A’s for the first time” said senior Courtney Robinson.
  5. Tell my crush I love them- At least five people said that they were too scared to confront a crush, but most of them said they now have more courage. “I had a crush on this boy since 10th grade, I think it is time for me to shoot my shot” said Destini Leftridge.