Student Opinion on Senior Dues

Jordyn Lyles, Business Manager

Senior prom, senior trip, and graduation night tickets will go on sale this week, from March 20 through 22. Most students said that the prices are good compared to other schools. Some think that it is a lot to pay for because they have a lot to pay for already such as their prom attire. 

Does this put a lot of stress on seniors? My personal opinion is that this is very stressful but at the same time, this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. If it is very stressful or too stressful for you, then you should not go, and maybe participate in the activities that are less costly.

Senior Kayla Pringle said “Honestly, I wish I would’ve known how much money senior year came with – I would’ve started saving over the summer instead of spending my money on other things like clothes that I did not need.”

I heard some students say that their parents are making them go, and they do not really wanna go because they do not have a date, or they might not have many friends here at Roosevelt. Senior Destini Leftridge said “I don’t really want to go to prom, but my mom is making me.”

Senior Amanda Gibson said “I did not know we had to pay for grad night tickets, but I understand the prices for prom.”

I think that the prom tickets, and senior trip tickets are a reasonable price compared to other schools’ prices. If it costs too much, or it is too stressful then you should not attend.