Senioritis Isn’t a Joke

Londyn Mason, Opinion Editor

I have been ready for my senior year in high school since 6th grade. That was when stuff started to get hard to me. I couldn’t wait to get to my senior year. All that I was anticipating was prom for the most part. Now I am here. I am a senior. Wow.

If you lower-classmen think you’re stressed now, you have not felt anything yet. Looking at the seniors from past years it looked as if they were having fun, but I think they were just hiding the suffering. Actually as I think back, I could see the pain in their eyes.

I have never been so stressed and drained in my life.  Senioritis isn’t a lifestyle. It isn’t something we make up. It’s real and inevitable. You just want to be done with everything. Senior Erika Jackson said, “It’s stressful as hell. It’s supposed to be the easy year, but it’s really not. I’m taking like 3 AP’s this year and it sucks. And if you’re in Science and Tech you have to do RP which is like [a] whole other AP class.”

You feel exhausted all the time. Try staying awake in class while your teacher is just rambling. It’ll be like a workout. You won’t feel like participating in anything. The only thing on your mind is graduation.

The whole process of applying to college will have you done with life. From the application fees to paying to send your SAT/ACT scores, it’s a lot. You’ll say your done and have a meltdown at least once a week. Senior Alexis Fleming agreed and said, “I cry probably like 3-4 times a week.” I’m due for one actually.

You get to a point where you starting weighing the Ls you take. “Which homework assignment will affect me more if I don’t do it?” You just kind of give up on life. Well not literally, because you still want to graduate and go to college, but you get the gist. Just brace yourselves because senior year isn’t what you want.