Parkdale High School Stabbing Incident

Vanessa Imonide, Writer

On Tuesday afternoon, February 6th, a 16-year-old Parkdale High School student was stabbed several times in a gang related assault near the school. Prosecutors say the gang most likely to be involved in the stabbing was MS-13.

According to WUSA9, “The stabbing happened around 3:30 p.m. in the 6000 block of Good Luck Road. After receiving information that a group was forming off school property, police arrived on the scene and saw the male victim staggering out of the woods. The victim was taken to a local hospital. His condition is unknown at this time.”

Senior Mario Romero states that, “this is a tragic thing that occurred this week.” Romero has a sibling that attends Parkdale and was worried if they were okay, and adds that he is “glad to know the victim survived.”

Junior Danae Hough states that finding out this is gang related, “breaks [her] heart.” Hough says that this could’ve happened to anyone and believes that more surveillance is needed at schools “in areas like this.”

Sophomore Uchenna Ngozi states that she believes that there should be more security guards on campus to “ensure the safety of the students and other civilians.” Ngozi believes that this is an unfortunate situation and that she’s glad that the student was in stable condition.