Favorite Thanksgiving Dishes

Favorite Thanksgiving Dishes

Ayanna Jones-Reid, Staff Writer

It’s that time of year again when you’re able to spend quality time with family and friends,  snuggling on the couch after that big Thanksgiving meal, watching football or the Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade.

Although this holiday is devoted to being thankful, we can’t help but enjoy eating all kinds of delicious foods. This is the one day when being greedy is acceptable. We asked a few people at ERHS what their favorite Thanksgiving dish is?

Senior Beverly Ramos-Canales, answered “my favorite Thanksgiving dish is Upside Down Pineapple Cake. I don’t know if this is a specific thanksgiving food, but in my household, this is a must make. The best thing about this dessert is the sugar crust at the top of the cake when it gets flipped. Plus the cake is moist and has a pineapple flavor to it. I use 1 cup of brown sugar and 1/2 cup of brown sugar to make the sugar crust. I substitute water for pineapple… to make it more moist and more pineapple flavor.”

Mrs. Monique Connealy, a computer graphics teacher, said “I love Thanksgiving food! I eat a vegan (plant based diet), so I make vegetarian dishes to bring to my sister’s house. There are several vegetarians in my family, so they like that! I’m making Mushroom Seitan Roast.” 

Sophomore Bethany Jackson, said “my mother’s Sweet Potato Souffle. It has marshmallows and lots of cinnamon, it’s kind of goes but it taste really good. But I also love Southern collard greens.”

Senior Joseph Mukendi, stated “I look forward to my mom’s Smoked Gouda Mac and Cheese every year. It’s so good. She adds some of her own ingredients to it, which makes it taste even better, but I can’t tell you.”

Senior Jose Rivera answered “ I like Honey Baked Ham. My mom gets it from the store. For those of you who are too lazy to cook, I recommend buying it since it’s cheap.”

Feel free to try making these delicious dishes by clicking the links to the recipes. Happy Thanksgiving!