Polls

Who do you think will win the 2024 Superbowl?

• Chiefs (50%, 69 Votes)
  • 49ers (28%, 39 Votes)
  • Ravens (20%, 27 Votes)
  • Lions (1%, 2 Votes)

Total Voters: 137

Loading ... Loading ...

New Mural Portrays the Arts at ERHS

Rachel Kabba painting on the mural

For the past few weeks, the art club has been working on a mural every Friday after school that represents the arts of ERHS on the ledge looking over the stairwells. This tedious project vividly captures the schools artistic endeavors ranging from music and theater to visual arts and dance. This mural will display the diverse set of passions and arts which thrive at Eleanor Roosevelt. 

The beautification of the school is a main goal of the art club hence the different incredible displays they have made. Senior, Sarah Romero originally designed the mural on her iPad with some ideas from other members of the club, one of the obstacles faced during the process was where this project was going to go, as well as the size of the design. According to Ms. Connealy another issue was students touching the mural while it was still wet. This issue was solved with the use of gray barriers placed in front of the mural. One of the students, Rahel Kabba says she has enjoyed the process and “watching the mural come to life,” however she also expressed how sometimes it was difficult with the “inconsistent number of people.” Overall she had enjoyed the process of helping paint the mural. Another student, Kamryn Moore, a student in the art club explains how fun painting the mural has been for her, Moore also says she would definitely like to help with any future murals. Although this process came with a handful of obstacles hindering the completion of the mural, the efforts of the art club have been clearly shown with the result of their dedication and hard work. 

Explore the gallery below to see details and progress of the mural!