ERHS Wraps up Arts Week 2012

Drama Night

Last Monday, performing arts and creative arts week hosted its first Drama Night, featuring performances by Thespian Honor Society, Drama 1 and 2 students, Aloniz, the cast of Grease and Hyattsville Middle School students.

Ms. Elliot, the head of the drama department, said the night, which featured Drama 2 students performing stories based on middle-school art work, was “a neat experience.”

When speaking about her drama class’ performances, she said it was” interesting to see their take on the artwork.” Mr. McNeill even made an appearance and stressed the importance of the arts.

According to Ms. Elliot, THS played a big role in making the night “flow really well.” She said Drama Night also brought out the students’ “support for each other.”  Performing and creative arts week got a great addition to their celebration with Drama Night.

Band Night

Students from Glenarden Woods Elementary, Greenbelt Elementary, Magnolia Elementary, Springhill Lake Elementary, Greenbelt Middle School, and Robert Goddard Middle school gathered last Tuesday to perform songs from each of their bands.

The evening opened with a speech from Mr. McNeill, and then Eleanor Roosevelt High School’s symphonic band, dressed in black and white attire with all sorts of green accents ranging from bow-ties to boas, played their songs. Ms. Wagner, the director of ERHS’s band, said the night was “wonderful” and “they did great.”